We have the location, the know-how and the skilled workforce to expand trade and investment in BC with Asia-Pacific countries like Japan, India, South Korea and China.
By increasing our international presence in these growing global economies we can ensure our province prospers from this growth.
OPENING MARKETS: ACTIONS
- Raising awareness that British Columbia is a safe, desirable place to invest.
- Increasing BC’s visibility in key markets.
- Aggressively promoting and defending BC’s interests
OPENING MARKETS: RESULTS
- Hosting support has been provided to business visitors in northern locations, such as Kitimat.
- Ahead of schedule to meet targets of doubling BC’s international presence. New trade and investment representatives will be installed in Hong Kong, Mumbai and Chandigargh to bolster 9 offices in operation around the world.
- As a result of consultation with industry, BC has aleady begun the process of increasing presence at major aerospace and defence trade shows.
For more on all of the progress see the 1 Year Report.
|« Back to Learn About the Plan||Enabling Job Creation »|